- On the Windows Desktop, right-click the mouse and select Properties in the context menu to bring up the Display Properties dialog box.
- Press the Settings tab.
- Click the Advanced button to bring up the Plug and Play Monitor Advanced Settings dialog box.
- Click the Troubleshoot tab.
- Move the Hardware acceleration slider to the third scale mark. Make sure that the description below is saying something like "Disable all DirectDraw and Direct accelerations...", as shown in the screen shot below.
- Click OK. That's it! From now on, the annoying slow dialog box display will be gone.