Global Mapper has a basic function to find unconnected line end points. It is an interactive function, where you can choose to graphically select the line features to check. This is useful for a quick validation of the line vectors you have digitized. If you want to find unconnected line end points in batch, you have to use other software like FME.
Here are the general steps to use the Find Unconnected End Points command:
- In Global Mapper, digitize some line vectors as shown below.
- Click the Digitizer Tool icon on the toolbar.
The cursor changes to a cross hair with the label Edit.
- Drag a box to select one or more line vectors.
The line vectors are selected and highlighted in red.
- Right click anywhere in the map window.
A pop up menu appears.
- Choose Find Unconnected Line Endpoints.
The Find Unconnected Endpoint Options dialog box appears.
Note: if you want the function to find only those nearly snapping endpoints, then toggle on Find Unconnected Endpoints with Another Line Endpoint Nearby and type in a tolerance.
- Click OK.
A status message appears.
- Click OK.
The unconnected end points are displayed as blue circles.
- Zoom in. Press CTRL+N to scroll through the unconnected end points one by one.