Buffer zones can be easily created in Global Mapper. The buffers can be merged and/or zoned depending on the parameters you choose during the creation.
The following steps can be used to create buffers using Global Mapper.
- Start up Global Mapper and open up a data file or create some line work to create buffers.
The figure below shows two line geometries.
- Press ALT+D to activate the Digitizer Tool. Drag a box to select the geometries for buffering.
The geometries are selected.
- Press a right click on the mouse.
A pop up menu appears.
- Choose Advanced Feature Creation Option | Create Buffers Around Selected Features.
The Setup Buffer Area Creation dialog box appears.
- In the Number of Buffer Zones for Each Feature field, type in a value e.g. 1.
- In the Buffer Distance field, type in a value e.g. 100,
- Toggle on or off Combine Overlapping Buffer Areas.
- Click OK.
The buffer(s) is created. By default the buffer(s) is created selected.
An uncombined single buffers are shown in the figure below.