- Start up Global Mapper and open up a vector linear or polygon feature file.
- Click the Digitizer Tool .
The cursor changes to a cross-hair with the Edit label.
- Using the mouse, click and drag to select one or more features.
The features are selected.
- Press the mouse right button anywhere in the map display.
A pop up menu appears.
- Choose Add/Update the Measure Attributes of Selected Feature(s).
The selected features are updated and a message appears.
- Click OK.
To review the measure attributes of a feature, press ALT+P and click on any feature. This will bring up a Feature Information dialog box as shown below. Note the measure attribute fields Length.