The steps to join polygons are below:
- Start up gvSIG OADE 2010. Open a new View and add a polygon layer, e.g. polygons.shp.
- In the legend or table of contents, click on the polygons.shp layer name.
The selected layer becomes the active layer.
- Select Layer | Start Editing.
The legend name changes to red. The Command pane appears.
- Select Geometry | Select.
- Press CTRL and click on two or more polygons to join.
The selected polygons fill color changes to red.
- Select Geometry | Modify | Join.
The selected polygons are joined.
- Select Layer | Stop Editing.
The prompt to save appears.
- Click Yes.
The changes are saved.