- To run the WebApp, go to this site http://dominoc925-pages.appspot.com/webapp/resize_image/default.html.
- Then in the sidebar on the right, choose the scale factor for resizing e.g. 0.5.
- Optional. Choose the output image format e.g. Jpeg.
- Drag and drop the image files onto the dashed box. Alternatively, click the button and choose one or more image files.
The images are resized.
- To save the resized images, simple right click on the image and choose Save image as. Or drag and drop the image out to a folder.
Monday, September 17, 2012
WebApp for batch resizing images
I wrote this simple WebApp using the HTML5 canvas element for re-sizing one or more images without having to upload the images onto a web server for processing. It will only work in modern Internet browsers that support the canvas element and the FileReader object; that leaves out Internet Explorer 9 and below.