- Start Global Mapper. Create or load and display some polygon features.
The polygons are displayed.
- Press ALT+D. Press CTRL and click on one or more polygon.
The polygon(s) are selected.
- Press the mouse right button anywhere inside the map view.
A pop up menu appears.
- Choose Edit Selected Features.
The Modify Selected Area Features dialog box appears.
- In the Feature Layer drop down list, choose another layer to move to. If a new layer is wanted, then choose Create New Layer for Feature. Press OK.
The Enter Layer Name prompt appears.
- Type in a layer name, e.g. MyNewLayer. Press OK.
The selected polygons are moved to the new layer.
- Press ALT+C.
The Overlay Control Center dialog box appears.
- Toggle on/off the new layer MyNewLayer.
The polygons on MyNewLayer are displayed/hidden.
Monday, November 21, 2011
Move a feature to another layer in Global Mapper
It is possible to move an existing geometry feature such as a polygon from one layer to another layer in Global Mapper. It is not as intuitive as it could be but it is certainly possible. Below is an example of moving a polygon from its original layer to a new layer.