The following steps show how to use the Cross Section Tool.
- Load a point cloud file, e.g. Serpent Mound Model LAS Data.las, into Cloud Compare.
- Select the cloud in the DB Tree pane.
- Select Tools | Segmentation | Cross Section.
The graphic interactors (the large 3D arrows pointing to the X, Y, Z axes) and Cross Section box appear
- Drag a cone of an interactor to thin the cross section box.
- Drag the torus of an interactor to rotate the cross section box.
- Adjust the interactors and camera view until the desired orientation is achieved.
Note: if you wish to segment out the cross section into another cloud, click the Tick icon on the Cross Section tool box. Otherwise, click the X icon to exit the command when done.