Here are the steps I took to generate the watershed data.
- Start up Global Mapper 12 and load in a digital elevation model as shown below.
- Select File | Generate Watershed.
The Watershed Generation Options dialog box appears.
- Change the X axis and Y axis Resolution if necessary.
- In the Depression Fill Depth field, type in a maximum depth value e.g. 1.
Note: to turn off depression filling, enter 0.
- Click OK.
Processing messages appear.
- If you want to generate the watershed basin polygons, then toggle on Create Watershed Areas Showing Drainage to Streams in the Watershed Generation Options dialog box.