There is a new hot fix 184.108.40.206 out.for GeoMedia and GeoMedia Professional 6.1. One of the new enhancement available in the hot fix is the ability to export the Layout window into a GeoTiff file. I tried out the new Export Layout to GeoTiff command with one of the sample GeoWorkspace files that has some Layouts defined. Here is how it works.
- Startup GeoMedia or GeoMedia Professional and open up a GeoWorkspace e.g. BatchPlotting.gws.
The workspace is displayed in GeoMedia.
Note: The red rectangle is approximately the area covered by the layout window.
- Select Window > Show Layout Window.
The Layout Window appears.
- Select Sheets > Export Layout.
The Export Layout Sheet As dialog box appears.
Note: if you click the Save as type drop down list, you can see the new GeoTiff option.
- In the File name field, type in the name of the new file, e.g. south_hsv.tif. Choose Georeferenced TIFF - GeoTIFF (*.tif) in the Save as type field. Click Save.
The GeoTIFF Export Options dialog box appears.
- Change the File resolution to your desired value. Click OK.
The layout is exported to a GeoTIFF file.
I displayed the resultant layout GeoTIFF file in Global Mapper 10 successfully. The results can be seen in the screenshot below. I overlay the County boundary for reference and we can see that the layout GeoTIFF image sits correctly with respect to the County boundary; compare that with the red rectangle location in the first screenshot at the top.