In this example, I am going to import in a feature from the GeoMedia sample warehouse USSampleData.mdb file, which uses the Albers Equal Area coordinate system.
Create a new gvSIG project and assign a coordinate system
- Select Start | All Programs | gvSIG OA Digital Edition 2010 | gvSIG OA Digital Edition 2010.
The gvSIG OADE 2010:Untitled application appears.
- In the Project manager window, click View | New.
An Untitled-0 view is created and added to the View list box.
- In the View group box, select Untitled-0. Click Properties.
The View properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Current projection button.
The Spatial Reference System (SRS) dialog box appears.
- Click the Type combo box. Choose a suitable type e.g. ESRI.
- Toggle on By name.
- In the Search criteria field, type in Albers. Click Search.
A list of matching results appear.
- Select USA_Contiguous_Albers_Equal_Area. Click OK.
- Click OK again.
- In the View group box, click Open.
The View:Untitled-0 window is opened.
Import GeoMedia features
- Select View | Add Layer.
The Add Layer dialog box appears.
- Click the MDB tab.
- Click the Search button.
The Open dialog box appears.
- Browse and select a GeoMedia MDB file e.g. C:\Warehouses\USSampleData.mdb. Click Open.
The GeoMedia feature names are displayed in the Feature Classes grid.
- Toggle on the feature(s) to add, e.g. States. Click OK.
Processing messages appear and the selected features are imported.
- Close the message box.
The imported features are displayed in the view.
Export GeoMedia feature(s)
- In the View legend, click the feature name to be exported e.g. States.
- Select Layer | Export To | Shapefile.
The Save dialog box appears.
- Type in the file name e.g. States. Click Save.
Processing messages appear.
- Click Yes.
The exported shapefile is added as a layer to the view.
Remove the GeoMedia warehouse from the view
- In the View legend, mouse right click on the warehouse name e.g. USSampleData.
A pop up menu appears.
- Choose Delete.
A prompt appears.
- Click Yes.
The GeoMedia warehouse is removed from the view.
Save the gvSIG project