- Start up Global Mapper. Digitize one or more vector geometries or load up a vector file.
- Click the Digitizer Tool icon.
- Select one or more feature with the mouse.
The features are selected.
- Press the right button of the mouse anywhere inside the map window.
A pop up menu appears.
- Choose Rotate/Scale Selected Feature(s).
The Setup Rotation and Scaling dialog box appears.
- In the Rotation Angle (Clockwise) field, type in the angle of rotation, e.g. 90.
- There are a few options to define the point of rotation - center, specific location, or vertex. Choose a method, e.g. About Vertex.
Note: Unfortunately, you are not able to graphically click on a position. The location must be typed in, or selected from a list. However, Global Mapper shows you a preview of the rotation point (a red colored cross), as shown below.
- Click OK.
The selected features are rotated.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Rotate geometries in Global Mapper
Rotating graphics is a common task in CAD software. It took Intergraph a while to add in CAD like functionalities in GeoMedia Professional. In Global Mapper, it is quite simple to rotate feature geometries about a point. Simply do the following: