- Start gvSIG OADE 2010.
The gvSIG Application window appears.
- In the Project manager window, click the New View button.
The Untitled -0 view is added to the View list.
- Select the newly created view and click the Properties button.
The View properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Current projection button.
The Spatial Reference System (SRS) dialog box appears.
- Choose EPSG Type.
- Ensure the By Code is toggled on. In the Search criteria text box, type in 3414. Click Search.
The SVY21 projection is displayed in the list box.
- Click OK. Click OK to close the View properties.
The coordinate system of the view is now set to use the SVY21 Projection.
Monday, May 2, 2011
Setup a Map View in gvSIG for working in SVY21
gvSIG can be used to work with local projections such as Singapore's SVY21 Projection coordinate system. as the software comes pre-configured with the parameters for the SVY21 spatial reference. It is just a matter of searching and then selecting the correct projection from a list.