- Select Modules | Projection | Set Coordinate Reference System.
The Set Coordinate Reference System dialog box appears.
- Select the Dialog field. Click the [...] button.
The Dialog appears.
- In the Projection Type field, choose an appropriate projection e.g. Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM).
- Click the Projection Settings field. Then click the [...] button.
The Universal Transverse Mercator dialog box appears.
- In the Zone field, type in a value e.g. 32. Toggle on South if necessary. Click Okay.
- If necessary, define any other settings appropriate for the coordinate reference system. Click Okay.
- Click the Data Objects Grids field. Click the [...] button.
The Grids dialog box appears.
- Select one or more grid layers on the left e.g. 01. ground. Click the > button. Click Okay.
- Click Okay.
The defined coordinate reference system is assigned to the selected grid layer(s).
- Selecting the grid layer and displaying the description shows that the grid layer has been assigned the new projection parameters.
Monday, October 10, 2011
Set Coordinate Reference System for a grid file in SAGA GIS
When an ESRI ArcGrid ASCII Grid file without an associated projection file (*.prj) is loaded into SAGA GIS, the grid data will be placed in a plain cartesian X and Y reference frame. If the description of the grid layer is displayed in SAGA GIS, then it will show as Undefined Coordinate System for the Projection as shown below.