Note: A WebApp version of this Google Gadget will be up in a short while to replace this gadget.
The ESRI World file is a text file used to georeference a corresponding image file. A detailed description of the format can be found in this Wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_file.
Recently I had to create ESRI World files for hundreds of aerial photographs, each having different origin, resolution and orientation. As a result of that exercise, I learnt enough about the World File format to create this Google Gadget.
This gadget can help to create the world files given the following input parameters:
- X coordinate of the upper left pixel in ground units,
- Y coordinate of the upper left pixel in ground units,
- Size of the pixel in the X-axis direction in ground units,
- Size of the pixel in the Y-axis direction in ground units,
- Rotation angle in degrees of the image from North (clockwise is positive)