- Start Global Mapper. Load a polygon layer and a point layer.
- Press ALT+D.
The Digitizer tool is activated.
- Click and drag a rectangle around the polygons and points.
The polygons and points are selected.
- Press the mouse right button anywhere in the map view.
A pop up menu appears.
- Select Attribute Functions | Add attributes to Selected Areas from Points.
The following message appear.
- Click Yes. Then click OK.
The point attributes are copied to the polygons.
Monday, November 12, 2012
Copy point database attributes to polygons in Global Mapper
A common task in GIS is to copy the attributes of points to the enclosing area polygons. It is simple to perform the task in Global Mapper as illustrated below.