Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The New Google Chrome Browser

Google has just released a beta version (0.2.149.27) of its new browser called Chrome. I downloaded it and took it out for a spin. I like the feel of the browser - it seems quite responsive and fast - pages are loaded quickly. I also like the integrated address / search entry field - I don't need to go to a separate search field to type in my search query. I don't like the page rendering errors - Chrome refused to display the Yahoo web site as shown in the screen shot below.


I also noticed that images are not rendered properly according to the style definitions, as shown in the Singapore Palm Users Group web site below. The text don't flow correctly around the images.

The Chrome browser also broke my Google Maps web sites - see the screen shot below.

From my brief spin around the block, I'm going to hold off Chrome until Google improves the browser.

No comments: