Monday, April 16, 2012

Show Geographic Grid Google Mapplet

I spent some time to put together this Google Mapplet that simply shows the latitude and longitude geographic grid lines and labels on Google Maps. The grid lines and labels will display and adjust themselves dynamically as you zoom in and out; from every few degrees until every second.

The screenshot below shows the grid lines and labels at the finest 1 second resolution.



To run this mapplet, just go to the site http://dominoc925-pages.appspot.com/mapplets/gridgeo.htm.





2 comments:

rey said...

This is great having Geographic Grid capability in GOOGLE MAP.

How can a regular user like me get it to show or implement inside my google map?

Do you have the .JS, kml, css or other files available for people to download?

dominoc925 said...

Hi Rey
I have not decided to package the .js code nicely for downloading. Maybe I will post it in future.
thanks